Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Riding My Bike

The other day at my dad's house in Inarajan I noticed my training wheels on my bike were gone. My dad had taken them off! I said, "What happened to my training wheels?" to my dad. He said, "I took them off." I said, "Can we practice riding it?" "Yes, son!"
I got on my bike that is black with red flames. Awesome! My dad held the bike while I put my feet on the pedals. And he held onto the handle bars with me and walked the bike a few feet while I got my speed. He let go, gave me a little push and I rode in a circle and then...I fell off.

I kept trying and my dad helped me.

5 days later...
I have learned how to stop my bike and just this morning I rode in 47 laps. On the 17 lap I stopped and went inside the house to drink some water. And on the 25 lap I learned how to kick my bike back up went it was about to tip over!

Here are some tips for kids who are learning how to ride bikes:
  1. Keep your legs moving and concentrate on steering.
  2. Try to ride in the smoothest areas.
  3. Avoid rocks, holes and mud piles.
  4. Make sure to have an adult supervise you.
Good luck! And remember, keep wearing jeans!

4 comments:

  1. That is the coolest thing! So glad you can ride without training wheels now! Can you bring your bike to my house and show me some time? I'd love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great post Len! I loved it. These will be great tips for Seth as he's learning to ride too. It's cool because I learned to ride a bike at your age too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it with my own eyes! He's officially a bike rider! :D Way to go Len!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go son!! Im so proud of you!! Next time we'll make a bigger track with little obstacles and you can pack me on the handlebars!!!! LOve you!!

    ReplyDelete